King's Pote 131 (King's College Library, King's College Cambridge)
Colophon further notes: The same scribe penned King's 130 and possibly is the scribe ʿAbd al-Razzāq Sihālawī who penned a number of mss in Lucknow in 1782-3 which are all now in the Bodleian: Ouseley 53, Ouseley 166, and possibly Ouseley 51-2, 170, 171, 73, 175, 184 and 185].
Note concerning manuscript: Divided into 4 parts with gaps after each. In the same hand as King's 130.
15 lines per page.
Ruled in double red with a black outer. Rubrications in red.
Plain reddish brown leather, European style. Doublures: plain paper. Dimensions: 23.3 × 16 × 4 cm. Unboxed. Polier's number: 281.
Provenance and Acquisition
The "Pote Collection" arrived in England from India in 1790 and was divided between the Colleges of Eton and King's, Cambridge, with the first half alphabetically going to King's. Both halves of the collection are now housed in Cambridge University Library on permanent loan. Most if not all of the manuscripts had previously been owned by Colonel Antoine-Louis Henri Polier (1741–1795).
Gift of Edward Ephraim Pote (d.1832) in 1788.
All manuscripts of the Pote Collection are on permanent loan at Cambridge University Library. Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card for admissions procedures consult Cambridge University Library. Contact email@example.com for further information on the availability of this manuscript
Funding of Cataloguing
King's College Cambridge