King's Pote 144 (King's College Library, King's College Cambridge)
Colophon further notes: The colophon goes on to say that the (original) owner is Ḥusayn ʿAlī.
Note concerning work: A treatise on Uṣūl al-Fiqh (principles of jurisprudence).
5 lines per page.
Not ruled. Rubrications in red.
Replete with interlinear and marginal notes (the 5 lines of text are widely spaced to support this).
Reddish brown leather, Indian style. Marbled paper doublures. Decorations: Gold inlaid turanj, two pendants and corner-pieces. Dimensions: 25.5 × 15 × 3.5 cm. Unboxed. Polier's number: 323.
Provenance and Acquisition
The "Pote Collection" arrived in England from India in 1790 and was divided between the Colleges of Eton and King's, Cambridge, with the first half alphabetically going to King's. Both halves of the collection are now housed in Cambridge University Library on permanent loan. Most if not all of the manuscripts had previously been owned by Colonel Antoine-Louis Henri Polier (1741–1795).
Gift of Edward Ephraim Pote (d.1832) in 1788.
All manuscripts of the Pote Collection are on permanent loan at Cambridge University Library. Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card for admissions procedures consult Cambridge University Library. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on the availability of this manuscript
Funding of Cataloguing
King's College Cambridge