Arabic MS 760 (The John Rylands Library, The University of Manchester)
1 column with three lines of Arabic script, the Persian and Turkish translations below.
The Arabic text is in large Naskh characters fully vowelled, perhaps of the fifteenth century. The Persian and Turkish translations are both written in smaller characters in the same hand.
Divisions are marked with illuminated pages and ornaments.
Provenance and Acquisition
Formerly in the collection of Alexander Lindsay, 25th Earl of Crawford (1812–1880).
Purchased by Enriqueta Rylands (1843–1908) in 1901 from James Ludovic Lindsay, 26th Earl of Crawford (1847–1913).
Bequeathed by Enriqueta Rylands (1843–1908) in 1908 to the John Rylands Library.
The manuscript is available for consultation by any accredited reader.