BSMS_446 (University Library, Cambridge University)
New Testament in the Peshitta version.
The last two leaves are partly cut or worn away.
Written in a classical E. Syriac estrangela by a monk Marqos, at the Monastery of Mar Michael above Mosul, in 1205/6 CE.
Bound in wooden boards which previously had clasps. Canvas that covered the boards and formed a backstrip is partly perished.
Provenance and Acquisition
Deposited by the Bible Society, 1985. The Bible Society acquired it at auction in London sometime before 1920. It was previously brought to the U.S.A. from Urmia, Persia.