BSMS_447 (University Library, Cambridge University)
East Syriac lectionary of the Gospels.
Written in a clear plain East Syriac script (but on ff. 2-3 a more archaizing estrangela) by a bishop Yoḥanan in Mawana in Tergawar in 1640 CE.
Bound in leather over wooden boards, the binding now detached from the text block.
Provenance and Acquisition
Deposited by the Bible Society, 1985. It was acquired for the Bible Society by Joseph Wolff in Persia in 1825.
Funding of Cataloguing
Cambridge University Library