Or. 1802 (University Library, Cambridge University)
2 columns; 3 columns on ff. 4r-8r; 25 lines per page
Mediocre. Written in black and red ink, the beginnings and chapter headings of each Gospel have been rubricated. The scribe's name Ammonius is mentioned on f. 72v.
- f. 2v Colour picture of Matthew
- f. 51v Colour picture of Mark
- f. 73v Colour picture of Luke
- f. 112v Colour picture of John
- Marginalia: Pen trials are found on ff. 1r, 3r, and 144v.
- Marginalia: F. 142v contains the name ዕዝል፡ዘሆሣዕና፡.
Large format. Wooden boards with metal staples to front and small tie to back. Evidence of previous leather covering around edges and turn-ins. The books has been resewn and rebacked with new paper flyleaves. A few thread page markers.
- bookhttp://zotero.org/users/local/VPTDBJud/items/2GNGMD9M Catalogue of Ethiopian manuscripts in the Cambridge University Library / by Edward Ullendorff and Stephen G. Wright ; with a contribution by D.A. Hubbard. Cambridge Cambridge University Press 1961
Funding of Cataloguing