King's Pote 137(2) (King's College Library, King's College Cambridge)
Colophon further notes: The same scribe penned King's 249 and King's 67.
Note concerning manuscript: The text begins just after the start of bab al-ṭāʾ (continued from the previous part).
13 lines per page.
Ruled in double red with a blue outer. Rubrications in red. Catchwords.
Marbled paper on suede with suede corners and spine, European style. Plain paper doublures (watermarked: "J. WHATMAN"). Dimensions: 24.4 × 15.8 × 4.5 cm. Unboxed. Polier's number: 328.
Provenance and Acquisition
The "Pote Collection" arrived in England from India in 1790 and was divided between the Colleges of Eton and King's, Cambridge, with the first half alphabetically going to King's. Both halves of the collection are now housed in Cambridge University Library on permanent loan. Most if not all of the manuscripts had previously been owned by Colonel Antoine-Louis Henri Polier (1741–1795).
Gift of Edward Ephraim Pote (d.1832) in 1788.
All manuscripts of the Pote Collection are on permanent loan at Cambridge University Library. Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card for admissions procedures consult Cambridge University Library. Contact email@example.com for further information on the availability of this manuscript
Funding of Cataloguing
King's College Cambridge